The Great Gatsy (1925 novel & 2013 film)


The story is about a young rich mysterious businessman named Mr. Jay Gatsby and who have a friend named Mr. Carraway who stayed in New York. They build their friendship as Mr. Gatsby revealed his secret that he is in-love with a woman that stayed across the bay named Daisy Buchanan. The story flows as something unexpected happened in the story.

The novel “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald is boring at first but when I continue reading it I found out that it’s not that boring.  Usually it’s slow when first reading the novel but when you’re in the middle of the story, it became okay.

And about the 2013 movie played by Leonardo di Carpio as Mr. Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Mr. Carraway , they really got the idea from the novel perspective and the actors and actresses really played well in their roles.
 
I’ve list some the things I like and I don’t like in the novel
What I like:

·         The characters:
Mr. Carraway – He is friendly and I like him because he’s the only person stayed in Gatsby side and he write the story of Mr. Gatsby

Mr. Gatsby – Friendly, happy and shares his wealth to people by having a party to his house

·         Story – I like the story because there’s life lesson that you’ve learned from it. Being wealthy is good but it’s not important, the best thing is to have a friend and family.
What I don’t like:

·         Tom Buchanan – the husband of Dasisy. He’s a womanizer.
·         Daisy Buchanan – the wife of Tom. She have an affair with Gatsby and she kept it secret that she killed someone.
·         Gatsby – The attitude that I don’t like is that he’s trying to destroy  the couples affair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading